Sunday, June 13, 2004

I remember my tutor in Uni asking us why we want to study Architecture. The profession's standing in the society has diminished over the years. Add on the fact that we are one of the lowly paid professionals around.

I tried hard to think of an answer, and couldnt find one that I could express. That felt weird, I thought, to be unable to express why I want to study Architecture. Then my tutor answered it for me.

He said that Architecture is the only profession that allows Man to create and use their creations. It is the Act of Creation that deeply satisfies the Architect internally. It is Art as well as Science. It remakes and influences peoples lives both individually as well as the society. It is almost a profession that is playing God, or should I rephrase, working for God.

That alone is enough for me to study it.

Now the next question is, why the *** are we being paid so crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Food for thought.........


No comments: